Referee of the Year Award
Referee of the Year Award Criteria
- Must have been a member of NYSCOS for a minimum of five years.
- Must be recognized by his/her peers and high school coaches as an outstanding interscholastic official for a minimum of five years.
- Must be a representative of unquestionable character demonstrating outstanding officiating and leadership qualities.
- Must have been selected to referee sectional, regional, and/or state championship soccer games during his/her officiating tenure.
- Must still be actively involved as a NYSCOS official during the year award is presented.
This award shall be presented annually at the NYSCOS state meeting. The awardee shall be our guest with travel expenses reimbursed as necessary.