2011 Meeting Minutes
To: NYSCOS Executive Committee, NYSCOS Local Boards
From: John Hogan, NYSCOS Secretary/Treasurer
Date: August 30, 2011
Subject: 2011 Annual Meeting Minutes
- Rich Leaf, NYSCOS President called the 2011 NYSCOS Annual Meeting to order at 9:30 AM, on August 6, 2011 at the Craftsman Inn and Conference Center, Syracuse, NY.
- A roll call of attendees was taken - all boards present. The Steuben board was represented by Keith Holmok, Allegeny Livingston board. The NYSCOS Executive Committee will be discussing this apparent violation of the Constitution and By Laws. The local board directory was updated. Information folders were distributed to representatives of each board.
- The 2010 Annual Meeting minutes were reviewed. Motion to approve by Alan Wharton, second by Ed McLaughlin – the 2010 minutes were approved as provided on the NYSCOS web site.
- The 2011 treasurer's report was presented. A handout of the details of the financial status of NYSCOS was provided to all boards and executive committee members. Motion to accept the report was made by Alan Wharton and seconded by Ed McLaughlin - the treasurer's report was approved.
- Ab Leonard provided the 2011 NFHS rules interpretation using a very well done MS power point presentation purchased from the NFHS by NYSCOS. NYSCOS provided copies to all local boards at the meeting – once again this year, thanks to Ed McLaughlin for his computer expertise and efforts.
- This was Abby's last rules interpretation and meeting – he is retiring. Thom Kadlubowski and Rich Leaf presented Ab with mementos of his many years of service to NYSCOS and high school athletics.
- Mike Andrew, standing in for Neil Edkins provided the boy's 2010 Championship report. Neil's report was sent out by email prior to the meeting. Please refer to that report for details.
- Alexis Murphy presented the 2010 Girl's State Championship report. Alexis forwarded her report to local boards by email prior to the meeting – please refer to that report for details.
- The NYSCOS nominating committee, chaired by Thom Kadlubowski, presented Neil Edkins as its nomination to serve as NYSCOS Member at Large. No nominations were received from the floor. The NYSCOS secretary/treasurer cast one ballot and Neil was reelected as Member at Large.
- There was no old business.
- Rich leaf announced that it was NYSCOS policy that the NFHS Part I exam be used for all new officials and that the NFHS Part II exam be used for all veteran officials.
- Todd Nelson, NYSPHSAA, provided a briefing regarding the NFHS/NYSPHSAA position on offering the NFHS rules exam via the internet. No decision was reached
- Dale Davis, Section 4, Triple Cities SOA, was presented the boys Referee of the Year award by Kevin McGoff. Congratulations to Dale…
- The 2012 Annual Meeting will be held August 4th, 2012 at TBA (Syracuse Area). Start time 9:30AM. It is critical that all boards attending the meeting be able to stay for the entire meeting. Return flights should not be booked for departures earlier than 3:00PM
- The 2011 Annual meeting was adjourned at 12:00 PM. Lunch was served in the Craftsman cafe
John Hogan, NYSCOS Secretary /Treasurer